Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kick -Off


At long last, I have finally created a BlogSpot. I have been wistfully planning to blog for as long as I can remember, but every time I start to think of a nice topic to write about, my brain just starts to spawn so many different things and topics to work on as a starter. Topics or stories from my very own or other people’s experiences, interests, love, friendship and almost anything under the sun.. suddenly I’m lost for words, I wanted to write so many different things that I can no longer grasp what I really want to express.

I’ve always been a firm believer in the power of writing which is defined by Wikipedia as a “representation of language in a form of textual medium”. Speaking for myself, I’ve always proven it to be the most effective and convenient way to express how you really feel if you just can’t seem to utter a thing. Doing this post, I just realized how I’ve always been fond of writing since I was young. I remember when I was on 4th grade our English Teacher (Mrs. Brilliantes, she’s one of my favorite teachers that’s why I can still remember her name) asked us to write an essay about collecting stamp or  being a member of a Philatelic Club (or something like that) and my piece was selected to be the entry for an Essay Writing Competition organized by Philippine Post Office. The competition was participated by hundreds of Elementary Students all over the Philippines so I didn’t win. I was also a member of our Journalism Club and I think I was on my 6th Grade when my article regarding Pasig River (which is exactly adjacent from the public school I’m attending and which at that time is very polluted, at least its improved now) got published in our school paper “Ang Agos”.  In high school, I was not as active in extra-curricular activities as I was in my elementary days, I was not performing well in my academics either (hahahhaa…nahilig kasi sa barkada at natutong mag-billiards) but I still find myself scribbling every now and then. I was a junior in high school when I had my first love, we were so in love (*kilig*) that we’d always give each other letters almost every day, even if we get to see each other almost 24/7 cause we live in the same small community. Came college, I took Mass Communication major in broadcasting where I got to practice more of my writing skills thru writing scripts for skits, video prod, research, etc. My friends and I would always exchange letters to express how we love and value our friendship, to say sorry, or just out of nothing at all. I also remember how I made a letter for my dad after a terrible argument and placed it inside his jeans’ pocket so he can read it on his way to work. When I discovered about my sister’s secret relationship and I didn’t have the courage for confrontation, I wrote her a letter and placed it inside her bag. I could go on and on…bottom line is, sometimes we just don’t realize that there are other means of expressing our selves, how we feel, what we think, how we love or even hate another person. If we are too scared or shy to say anything verbally..grab a pen and a paper or start tinkering on our pc’s or laptops… let’s go and write it out!

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh well hello there.
    Added you on my list sis. Para pag nag blog hop ako, I can see your updates. Though wala ako sa Google Connect ha. Kasi I added your blog manually sa Google Reader ko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello din Sis.
    Thank you naman sa pag-tangkilik kahit di ko pa masyadong alam yang mga Google Connect at Reader na binanggit mo..hehehhe! Ikaw ang lagi kong inspiration at supporter sa mga ganitong chorva.

    ReplyDelete