Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Letter To My Sister

Dear Ate,

Today unfolds another year of your life. We both know birthdays could not be any happier when celebrated with the family. Truly nothing beats the joy of spending this special day with our parents and your kids especially no matter how simple the celebration may be. But this year is another birthday away from them. It is sad, I know. No matter how familiar we’ve become in this situation, in this environment and culture there will always be days and nights when homesickness will just strike you through.

I know you already know by heart how much I love you as my sister. Like any other siblings, we have had a lot of misunderstandings and differences but I’m always glad how we always find our way to patch things up at the end of the day. Looking back, I am proud of us for not holding any grudge towards each other no matter how petty or major our misunderstandings had been.

Thank you for not just being a sister but a friend too.

Thank you for all the support.

Thank you for the love, care and understanding.

Saying Thanks can be uttered conveniently; to any one at any time and any place. We may be unaware of how frequent we say that to our family, friends, colleagues or strangers on our day to day living. It can be expressed with much and heart-felt sincerity or even with unimaginable sarcasm.

I can thank you for a lot more reasons; we have shared so many memories and surmounted a lot of trials together even at our very young age. And we still have our lifetime to create more memories and to thank each other for.

Today I just realized the one thing I have never told you before.

I would like to take your birthday as a perfect opportunity to express how much I AM PROUD OF YOU for being a Mother to your Children.

I need not to elaborate because you know it to yourself that you are a Good Parent to them. You may not be physically present for them most of the time, but you always ensure to make them feel your unfailing unconditional Love.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATE.

I will never trade you for any other sister here or in another lifetime.

I love you.

With So Much Love,

Ada


P.S.
 
I was looking for a perfect quote about sisters and what I found cracked me up:

“More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good” – Linda Sunshine


 

1 comment:

  1. Nice layout sis. Getting the hang of it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete