Monday, April 23, 2012

Rock Star Chic

My Sister's "Party Like a Rock Star" themed Birthday celebration last Thursday was a blast.
I'm glad to have come up with the idea despite the fact that Rock isn't really my sister's thing. Thank goodness for ever supportive and cooperative friends who are always "game" on any of our (me and Mars Janice) crazy and fun party ideas.

As the brain behind this themed party I have to make sure I go by the requirement of sporting a Rock Star ensemble for the occasion.

Pulling off a rock star style isn't really that complicated. As long as you have some black shirts, faded-ripped off jeans, leather jacket kept in your wardrobe and some gaudy accessories to go perfectly well...you are good to have that rocker look.

I know this ain't a Fashion Blog, and resembling a "Fashionista" peg isn't really the whole idea of me blogging about my Rock Star outfit for the occasion.

Hence I decided that whenever I have time (just like now, I've been making the most out of my idle time at work to blog and read blogs) I will write about the things of my liking, be it about gadgets, shoes, bags, clothes, food, movie, tv series or anything that I fancy and defines my personality. And this is just one of them.

I love organizing and conceptualizing themes to make ordinary occasions extra-ordinary, fun and memorable. Asking the guests to dress up for the occasion can really be a biggie especially to those who's really not into these kind of things, but it really means something for the celebrant seeing most (if not all) of his/her invited friends, colleagues or relatives dressed up. It goes to show that like you, they are also willing to be a part of the memorable occasion and have FUN of course.

Behold my ROCKSTAR GET-UP for the occasion

Outfit:

TOP - Old plunging black Mango (I painstakingly ripped off  the front lower hem to become more sync in  rockstar image)
BOTTOM - unbranded faded denim mini skirt which i got for a very reasonable price at the thrift shop nearby our place few months back.
BOOTS - Charles & Keith  3-inch suede boots which I get to wear only during winter season.
ACCESSORIES - Dangling hoop earrings (Splash; QR15) , Long black beaded necklace (Splash; QR20) , black necklace with Fly pendant (loaned from Mars Janice) and black bangles (from Mhela)
MAKE-UP 

Face: MAC Primer + MAC Foundation + MAC DOLLYMIX shimmer blush
Eyes: MIKYAJY Black I set combined with Purple eye crayon
Lips: NIVEA cherry red (mat finish)

I'm letting my sister upload the pictures from the party in her FB page...after all it was her birthday, not mine.
                   
One last thing, Kuya Dong is a perfect example of the person I mentioned above who's not into dressing up for themed parties but he surprisingly nailed it for showing up impersonating one of the greatest Rock Star ever; JOHN LENNON.

1 comment: